2015 Ben Yorgey Memorial Award
Nomination Form – Due March 9, 2015
Criteria Necessary for Consideration of Nominee
- Loves people, school, life, and is an active participant in the community.
- Registered with the Office of Intellectual Disabilities in the county of residence.
- Leaving the school system at 21 years of age.
- At time of nomination, not receiving any receiver.
- Recommendation accompanying nomination for must come from an educator, parent and/or community partner.
Description of Awards
More than $10,000 is given each year to Ben Yorgey Memorial Award recipients. There have been 41 recipients since 2010.
Awards under $1000 will be given directly to the award recipient graduate and/or the graduate’s family.
Awards over $1,000 will be given to second party service providers or agencies at the direction of the graduate and/or the graduate’s family.
Award recipients will be chosen by the Ben Yorgey Foundation Scholarship Team, based on the recommendations of educators, parents, and community members.